The course and Club House are situated conveniently at the edge of Ardee Town. It is only 40 minutes from Dublin and five minutes from the M1.
Our Club initially known as South Louth Golf Club, was founded in 1911.
For those of you interested in a more in depth history of our club our Centenary publication "Ardee Golf Club 1911-2011 Celebrating 100 years of Golf" provides both a record and a celebration of those first 100 years, as it charts the Clubs history and recalls the stories of the men and women who built up and guided it through many challenges down through the years on the road to the 21st Century.
Originally situated at Baltrasna, it moved to the Ruxton Estate, Townparks Ardee where it is situated today. From relatively modest beginnings our Club has developed to a position where it is now recognised as on of the premier clubs in the North East of Ireland.
With growing membership throughout the 1970s & 80s it was decided to expand the course from a 9 hole to an 18 hole course which opened in August 1985, a new club house was built in 1987 and due to lack of space a major extension as completed in 2008.
ABOUT ARDEE GOLF CLUB
Why not Experience Ireland's most premier
Golfing Destination in the North East...
In keeping with our proud tradition of continuously striving for improvements in our Course the Club embarked on a programme of course development in 2017. Reconstruction of 2 holes (1st and 11th) began in Autumn 2017 with the new holes ready for play in early 2018. Reconstruction of a further 2 holes (2nd and 8th) commenced in Autumn 2018 with these new improved holes were ready for play in June 2019. Two further greens are being upgraded since the autumn of 2019 and will be ready for play in May/June 2020. An outstanding feature of Ardee Golf Club is that it is one of the most playable parkland courses in the North East and only Links courses can rival us for fewer days lost as a result of poor weather.